It has been a busy month or so since we opened our own bar here in Rotorua. The Underground Bar has already built a loyal following of locals who are enjoying the atmosphere and our range of beers and wines.
News from behind the bar...
- On tap at theUNDERGROUNDbar in July we have Croucher Pale Ale - cool and fizzy OR room temperature and flat (via hand pump), The HEF, and Belgian Blonde. Our Pilsner is taking a break due to demand for it's services elsewhere, so we are pleased to have a few kegs of Emerson's renowned Organic Pilsner. Get in and try it before it's gone.
- In terms of our limited selection of bottled NZ craft beers, we are focusing on dark beers for the wintery month of July; with Townshend's No 9 Stout, Tuatara Porter, Renaissaince Porter and Three Boys Porter.
News from the back of the brewery...
- June was a massive month, Paul was kept particularly busy filing orders of kegs and bottles from our many much-loved customers.
- that put a bit of strain on stocks, and meant a flurry of brewing towards the end of June. We are still ironing out a few issues with the new plant, but we are exceptionally happy with the quality of the beer it is producing.
The HEF goes down well in tastings...
Wellington based beer celebrity Neil Miller has been running a few tastings recently that have included Croucher's HEF beer. At the end each tasting the beers are ranked, and the HEF has had a Gold medal and Bronze medal finish. Click here to see the results.
Croucher beer is now available at these outlets:
- Brew On Quay, Auckland City
- Go Vino Restaurant, Hamilton
- New World Te Rapa, Hamilton
- New World Brookfield, Tauranga
- No 1 The Strand, Tauranga
- Taupo Steak & Ale Bar, Taupo
- 'Happy' bar, Wellington
- Matterhorn, Wellington